Saturday, August 18, 2007

Birthday Pressie

Good heavens, I just looked at when my last post was and its been 6 weeks. I looked twice to make sure it WAS 6 not 2 lol.
This is a coin purse that I made as a Birthday present for Michelle who owns and runs the local beadshop. I work there teaching chain maille and wire art. The purse is created in 1.2mm x 4.5mmID Fine Silver plated rings in European 4 in 1 weave. There are approx 600 rings in this. Does'nt look it hey ? But let me tell you, there are lol. I made this one up as I went along and had to pull it apart in places and redo it several times. 1. so that Michelles money wouldnt fall out the gap 2. so that it would sit nice and flat. The purse top is an inexpensive one from Spotlight. The crystals are pink opal and violet swaros.

No comments: