Saturday, October 13, 2007

Miles Behind


Well, it seems that I lost a couple of months somewhere. What a couple of months it was also. In that time we have packed up 12 years of existance and moved to another home. Not by choice mind you, we were reasonably happy where we were but being tenants, we didn't have a lot of choice as our home was sold and the buyers weren't investers but developers. Soooo, we moved two suburbs away. Now whilst this was a huge upheaval to the family, it wasn't actually a bad move. We now rent a duplex (for international readers, this is one house divided into 2 units, both ground floor) on a lake. It's very like living in a resort lol and I pinch myself every day when I come home that I actually LIVE here. So the two months were spent half packing up, half unpacking and the worst affected by the move was the poor cat who had never been anywhere else and was inconsolable for the first few weeks. awwwwwww. My 13yo son had never moved since he could comprehend but he managed to take it all in his stride (thanks someone!). Now he has a lake to put his blow up dinghy on and its a very large swimming pool for summer. Plus, he has his own virtual ensuite (yippee!!!) and I have my own also. Plus !!!! wait for it............ my first dishwasher in many years! I just remembered that I can actually cook when I don't have to wash it up lol. Ahhh the small things in life are wonderful. Now if I could just afford a Ruba Scooba (robotic floor cleaner) I'd be made. Here's a pic looking at the lake from the kitchen window.

No comments: